Lab Grown Diamonds vs Mined Diamonds
Revolutionary in every way, lab grown diamonds are cultivated in a controlled space and cost 35-50% less than mined diamonds of the same carat size, cut and quality.
Technology has made it so that lab grown diamonds can be cultivated both efficiently and effectively. The price to cultivate diamonds is a fraction of the cost that’s required to mine diamonds, which means consumers aren’t forced to carry the cost of souring and extracting diamonds from the Earth.
The cost to explore for diamonds and extract the stones is tremendous, and the price is passed along to the jeweler, which then determines how much you, the consumer, will pay.
Why one might choose one over the other
Choosing between a lab grown diamond and a mined diamond is a personal decision, but there are several key factors that can help you decide which type is stone is right for your investment.
- 40-50% more affordable than mined diamonds
- 100% ethical
- Created using the same technique that occurs in nature to produce mined diamonds
- Physically and chemically identical to mined diamonds
- Can be insured and appraised
- Higher perceived value
- Rare and relatively hard to find
- Natural geological processes
- Established secondary market value
- Kimberley process